Thursday 9 October 2014

Unit 1 - Assignment 1


Assignment 1

The first thing I will have to consider is when I start my product I will have a deadline, and if I do not make that deadline I will fail. All of the time spent on my product will be made at college as I do not have the resources at home. I must be sure to make that everything is correct and organised properly before the deadline.

For my game finance will not be a problem as at college all of the game maker software is already provided. But if I was creating a game from home I am able to get Game Maker for free but only with limited features, if I wanted the full version I would have to pay about $799.99 for the master collection of Game Maker or pay about $99.99 for the professional version. The information I have provided on Game Maker has come from this source: https://www.yoyogames.com/studio

I may have to download the free version of Game Maker at home to complete my product if I do not have enough time spent on it at college.

The game I have been set to make is an independent task but as I do not know all the tricks on Gamer Maker other college student and also the lecturer are allowed to help me with bits that I do not know.

Facilities are not a problem as just like finance the college have provided everything that I need to create my game, but I may need to download a free version on Game Maker at home to tweak a few parts of my product.

At the beginning of the pre-product I will be creating my maze ideas on Adobe Photoshop, my sprites and background of the maze will also be created on Photoshop. The 5 levels I will be creating will get significantly harder as you progress followed by a boss battle on the last level. I may consider to have a background music on my final product but, yet I have not decided whether I will or not as I have to consider how long it will take. My sound effect of the game such as death noise and level complete noise, for the sound effect of my game I will find a free stock library to download them from, and if that does not work I will have to make my own.

I must try as hard as possible to make my game original and follow the codes of practice and regulation. I must ensure these by either making my own sprites or using pre made sprites from the internet but slightly charged to avoid plagiarism.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment